Why almost everything you’ve been told about unhealthy foods is wrong
After examining 72 academic studies involving more than 600,000 participants a report funded by the British Heart Foundation found that saturated fat consumption was not associated with coronary disease risk.
People often ask me why I think we as a population are getting fatter and the simple answer has to be we’re eating too much and doing too little. Obviously though that doesn’t address the reasons WHY we are eating too much which is a far more complicated subject.
Leaving motivations for over eating aside though, we’re often told we’re eating too much of the wrong foods, and the list of what is ‘bad’ and what is ‘good’ seems to change on a daily basis.
Clearly I’m no expert in nutrition, but like a lot of people I still try to be well informed and to make good choices when it comes to food. This article is written by a real expert in the subject, and is a thoughtful examination of the confusing advice we’ve been given over the years and why. Given that lots of people are concerned about getting heavier is it possible that they’ve been trying to do better but have been misinformed by the very people they turned to for help? It’s worth a read!
- I pity trolls who hate me because I’m fat…
- Why do people end up shut into their homes…?
- Another side to weight loss..?
- Survey – help needed
- Katie Hopkins…
- When it comes from your Friends…
- Fat Shaming doesn’t work – Academic proof at last!
- Mobility with Dignity – MD350
- Announcement from Greater Manchester Police
- Why almost everything you’ve been told about unhealthy foods is wrong