Fat Shaming doesn’t work – Academic proof at last!
A recent study by Dr Sarah Jackson at University College London confirms it though and I was delighted to see the story reach the front page of The Times.
It doesn’t seem to have caught the attention of the wider media however which I find puzzling. I can only assume that they are worried about not being able to continue to fill their print and online pages with open prejudice.
I was also very disappointed with Tam Fry from the National Obesity Forum who is quoted in the article. He doesn’t seem to be aware that a lot of the time the Medical Professions are amongst the worst culprits for ‘Fat Shaming’. They might use longer words but all too frequently the message behind the lecture is ‘Oi, Fatty!’ and is totally counter productive. Ticking a box to say that you have addressed the situation is utterly worthless if all it does is cause the Client to feel bad and ultimately, gain weight.
Do please look at the article. It’s so important that there is now real academic research from a highly respected University to back up what I suspect most of us already knew.
- I pity trolls who hate me because I’m fat…
- Why do people end up shut into their homes…?
- Another side to weight loss..?
- Survey – help needed
- Katie Hopkins…
- When it comes from your Friends…
- Fat Shaming doesn’t work – Academic proof at last!
- Mobility with Dignity – MD350
- Announcement from Greater Manchester Police
- Why almost everything you’ve been told about unhealthy foods is wrong