Announcement from Greater Manchester Police
Following the question I raised to Greater Manchester Police regarding the definition of Hate Crimes and how they apply in the case of abuse of overweight people (Read the original post here) I’ve had the following response:
apologies for our delay in response. In the instance where a person who is either overweight or obese is abused in public we would report and record this as harassment.
You can find out more about Hate Crime by following the link here – http://bit.ly/1jf5kJO.
I’m very grateful for the response, and delighted to hear that the larger population DO have legal protection against abuse. The line has now been drawn.
The next step is to encourage people to report it – and that means everyone. Fat and thin, we ALL need to stand up and report abuse when we see, hear or experience it.
- I pity trolls who hate me because I’m fat…
- Why do people end up shut into their homes…?
- Another side to weight loss..?
- Survey – help needed
- Katie Hopkins…
- When it comes from your Friends…
- Fat Shaming doesn’t work – Academic proof at last!
- Mobility with Dignity – MD350
- Announcement from Greater Manchester Police
- Why almost everything you’ve been told about unhealthy foods is wrong