TV, Radio and Press
I am lucky enough to work as a plus size model and actress in the UK and across Europe. Most recently, I appeared on BBC1s Sunday Life speaking out about Size Discrimination in the workplace.
I appeared in Alan Carr’s Celebrity Ding-Dong, sparking some controversy over the way I was treated by the Host and various assembled Celebrities.
I was also seen in the Little Britain Abroad Christmas Special as an American ‘Fat Fighter’. Sadly this didn’t involve a flight to Hollywood as it was filmed on an Industrial Estate near Heathrow Airport, but it was still a fun experience.
The BBC documentary ‘F*** Off, I’m Fat’ featured me talking about the experience of Public Transport from a Plus size perspective. We also discussed automotive design which ended in the fantastic experience of driving round a racing circuit in a specially modified car. As a car fanatic this was an amazing experience, and while I would never be so reckless with the tyres on my own car I highly recommend the experience of shredding someone elses. Luckily both I and the Camera Man escaped unscathed. Sadly the same can’t be said for the unfortunate seagull that met its end against the windscreen but I think it’s safe to say, it really didn’t know what had hit it!
ITV’s documentary ‘Chubby Chasers’ documented my very first experience of modeling for a Fashion shoot when I was asked to pose alongside a Page 3 model in matching outfits. The idea was to highlight how society finds some curves acceptable and some less so and it was a scary introduction to modelling and to being filmed for TV. I was lucky enough to work alongside the famous Page 3 girl, Tracey Coleman, who was very kind and a huge help in overcoming my nerves.
In addition, I have contributed to the size debate on a number of current affairs and human interest TV and Radio programs including:
- ‘This Morning’ on ITV
- ‘The Jeremy Vine Show’ on BBC Radio 1
- ‘Body Image’ with Anita Roddick
- ‘Jeremy Kyle’
- BBC Radio Scotland
- BBC Radio Essex
- BBC Radio Manchester
- In addition, I’ve been featured in Marie Claire, Scarlet Magazine and in local press.
- I pity trolls who hate me because I’m fat…
- Why do people end up shut into their homes…?
- Another side to weight loss..?
- Survey – help needed
- Katie Hopkins…
- When it comes from your Friends…
- Fat Shaming doesn’t work – Academic proof at last!
- Mobility with Dignity – MD350
- Announcement from Greater Manchester Police
- Why almost everything you’ve been told about unhealthy foods is wrong